[FFmpeg-devel] Some footage for H264 on kdenlive.org

Jean-Michel Pouré jm
Tue Feb 24 17:12:54 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 14:39 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> My question may be completely stupid since I have never used kdenlive,
> but:
> Shouldn't skiploopfilter=all be standard while editing and threads=1
> while
> encoding?

In Kdenlive, FFmpeg threads are configurable. I may be wrong, but I
think "skiploopfilter=all" is a default option to MLT when using
Kdenlive. I am posting a copy to Kdenlive-dev for verification.

What is the real impact of skiploopfilter=all ? I looked on FFmpeg web
site, but this does not seem to be documented.

What we are looking for is AVCHD editing using a multi-core arch:

Option A:

Kdenlive/MLT multi-process decoding to display images smootly (this
means processing frames independantly, right?)

AND/OR Option B:

Skip B-Frames during display (which is already an option in Kdenlive,
but is not powerfull enough on single-cores).

AND/OR Option C:

A really nice solution would also to have access to frames content after
hardware decoding, reading them through high-speed PCI-e. I heard that
the new AMD3 architectures had high-speed buses. We all dream of it!

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel