[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH]VDPAU patch for h264 decoding, round 7
Carl Eugen Hoyos
Mon Jan 5 01:07:25 CET 2009
Diego Biurrun <diego <at> biurrun.de> writes:
> > Attached is a hopefully acceptable version of the libavcodec (and
> > libavutil) part of the H264_VDPAU decoding patch.
> > Please comment, Carl Eugen
> You should add build system support for enabling this as a configure
> parameter. Compare what I recently did for xvmc.
> But there is an issue we need to address: How is this supposed to be
> used? Will it need vdpau_render.h as an installed header?
I originally thought VDPAU will only be usable from inside MPlayer (built with
static libavcodec), but I see now that is of course also possible to install
vdpau_render.h and use VDPAU from a shared libavcodec.
But that would mean that vdpau_render.h is also installed if
/usr/include/vdpau/vdpau.h was not available when the library was built, so the
header is unusable, because the installed library does not support vdpau.
Would that be acceptable? Or would it be acceptable if vdpau_render.h is only
installed if the library actually supports VDPAU?
(Please note that there is no license issue AFAICT, because only NVIDIA's
headers are used, not NVIDIA's binary libraries, and the headers contain a
license that looks ISC compatible.)
I'm working on a configure patch and will post it soon: My problem is currently
that it doesn't die if a dependency is not fulfilled, but just silently disables
NVIDIA's header license:
* Copyright (c) 2008 NVIDIA Corporation
* Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
* obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation
* files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without
* restriction, including without limitation the rights to use,
* copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
* copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
* Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following
* The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
* included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
* EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES
* OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
* NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT
* HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY,
* WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
* FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR
* OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel