[FFmpeg-devel] mpeg2ts/udp --> broken display by set-top-box

Alexandre FERRIEUX - FT/RD/SIRP/ASF/SOFTL alexandre.ferrieux
Wed Jan 21 17:02:10 CET 2009

Hi,

I am now using ffmpeg to stream video to a set-top-box:

./ffmpeg -i 134.wmv -vcodec mpeg2video -acodec mp2 -f mpegts
udp://HOST:PORT\?pkt_size=1316

What I see on the TV is a sequence of chunks of correct video and
(somewhat shorter) correct sound.

Of course I first thought about a problem in the bitstream or TS muxer,
but... if I receive the same UDP flow and concatenate the contents in a
.ts file, that file is played perfectly by mplayer/ffplay/vlc.

Any idea of some "slightly non-standard" parameter in the mpeg2 encoders
or muxer that would upset a dumb set-to-box ? Or of a well-known bug in
dumb set-to-boxes ?

-Alex