[FFmpeg-devel] FOMS 2009 FFmpeg outbrief

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Jan 26 16:47:21 CET 2009

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 03:06:51PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:

>> > A bug squash week every now and then should be doable.
>>
>> It sounds like a great idea in fact.  Let's schedule one right away.
>>
>> How about the weekend at the end of January?
>
> Any takers for a bug squashing weeken scheduled for this weekend or
> the next, later?

What exactly does a bug squashing weekend entail?  I'll be at FOSDEM
in Brussels the 7-8 February, so don't expect any development work
from then.  Anyone else going there?  You'll probably find me with the
OpenEmbedded crowd.

>> > And regarding releases we should atleast put together a roadmap for one.
>>
>> What do you want to see in such a roadmap?

"Roadmaps" are silly.  They belong in the rubbish bin next to the
"whitepapers".

>> > And then I think we should adopt the wine method of releasing.
>>
>> What is that method?  A quick search on Google revealed nothing.
>
> Can anybody shine a light on this?

I have a bottle of wine.  If I drink it and then do some coding, will
that help?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com