[FFmpeg-devel] FOMS 2009 FFmpeg outbrief

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Jan 27 11:26:35 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:20:03AM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:10:12PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> >> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 09:23:45PM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> I agree fully, but what exactly are you thinking of?
> >> There are only two dependencies I know of: AVParser (which I think is
> >> unavoidable) and that extradata formats may be incompatible (theora, and
> >> IMHO it is justified to blame that on Ogg-braindeadness).
> >
> > lavf also uses the matching decoder from lavc if all else fails to
> > gather things like width/height/samplerate
>
> Maybe I don't need that information.
>
> > besides these, one could compile a lavc with all unneeded parts disabled
> > (all encoders, most/all decoders and just leave the parsers in there)
> > this way a lavc for lavf should be smaller
>
> With such an lavc, lavf will not set the codec id of any stream.

you keep saying this, could you provide a bug report?
alot of demuxers set codec_id pretty explicitly so i dont see how
they could loose it when a decoder isnt available

Frequently ignored awnser#1 FFmpeg bugs should be sent to our bugtracker. User
questions about the command line tools should be sent to the ffmpeg-user ML.
And questions about how to use libav* should be sent to the libav-user ML.