[FFmpeg-devel] lame: output buffer too small issue

Art Clarke aclarke
Wed Jan 28 16:49:08 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Dennis Volodomanov
<dennis.volodomanov at conceiva.com> wrote:
> [libmp3lame @ 0x141b7a0]lame: output buffer too small (buffer index:
> 9195, free bytes: 597)
> Audio encoding failed

Hi Dennis,

Beyond this being the funniest error message I've seen in a while
(lame: output buffer too small), we've gotten reports on Xuggle of
this being a problem with FFMPEG and Lame 3.98.2.

Our users claim backing up to Lame 3.97 makes the problem go away; you
could try that.  Here's the bug we're tracking:
http://code.google.com/p/xuggle/issues/detail?id=41

- Art

--
http://www.xuggle.com/
xu?ggle (z?' gl) v. To freely encode, decode, and experience audio and video.

Use Xuggle to get the power of FFMPEG in Java.