[FFmpeg-devel] H.261 and H.263 RTP broken?

Alexandre FERRIEUX - FT/RD/SIRP/ASF/SOFTL alexandre.ferrieux
Thu Jan 29 08:52:56 CET 2009

Luca Abeni wrote:
> Georges-Etienne Legendre wrote:
>> Is there someone who works on RTP H.263 decoding? This patch only does
>> the encoding part.
>
> If you look at the ml archives, you'll see that there is someone working
> on receiving H.263 over RTP. But I did not see any patch yet, so I do not
> know what's the status.
>
> I heard of other people working on H.263 over RTP in the past, but noone
> ever posted a patch (AFAIK).

OK here is my little contribution. With this I correctly receive
H263/RTP streams from a mobile phone. Forgive the naive style and
overall bad quality, I'm a beginner with ffmpeg internals and I really
thought somebody more knowledgeable would take over :-}

Notice that the following hunk in rtpdec.c:

+		//Alex
+        // now perform timestamp things....
+        finalize_packet(s, pkt, timestamp);

is a somewhat "random shot in the dark" suggested by one remark by Luca
about the contracts at this spot, making me think the finalize_packet(0
call was just missing here. Take this with a grain of salt and shoot on
first hint of a problem...

-Alex