[FFmpeg-devel] release

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Thu Jan 29 17:20:01 CET 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:49:29 +0100
Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 02:45:19PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Another alternative is to call this release 1, the next one 2, and so
> > on.

I like this simple, meaningless scheme too.
The first few versions might cause confusion when some people will
misspell it "FF mpeg1" (hey, I want to play mpeg4 too, not only mpeg1),
but if we release often enough, we will soon get to a version number
which don't have such a problem.

> Just call it 16849 (current SVN revision). Actually I don't care, but if
> we are going to promote using SVN always whenever possible it makes
> sense.

I don't like tying our numbering scheme to an external, unrelated tool
that we will probably replace by something else sooner or later.

Aurel