[FFmpeg-devel] TS muxer issues -- some progress

Tomer Barletz barletz
Fri Jan 30 14:04:09 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Alexandre FERRIEUX -
FT/RD/SIRP/ASF/SOFTL <alexandre.ferrieux at orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:
> Can somebody comment on the strange regularity I observed ?

IIRC, there are some fundamental problems with the PES packetizer.
I've observed that some frames were not wrapped in a PES, which is
MPEG compliant, but it is not recommended, since most STBs relay on
the PES header.

The PCR values looks correct now, but since some PTS/DTS values are
missing/incorrect, there are some buffering issues i've noticed.
One thing I've noticed immediately is that there are no null (pudding)
packets - not in VBR nor CBR streams.

> Also, among recent additions there is
>
>  r16607 | bcoudurier | 2009-01-14 23:40:37 +0100 (Wed, 14 Jan 2009) | 1
> line
>
>  warn if dts < pcr which means TS is invalid

This should be an assert, IMHO.

Tomer