[FFmpeg-devel] libavfilter-soc update and variable frame size/pixel format

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Jul 1 12:50:04 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 09:57:04PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Monday 2009-06-29 21:01:15 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> > On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 08:54:38PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > > On date Monday 2009-06-29 01:26:11 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:

> > > In attachment the diff. Note that I'm just keeping the old behaviour
> > > when CONFIG_AVFILTER is enabled.
> >
> > i also dont review that
> > we have A ---diff1--->B
> > and
> >
> > we have A ---diff1--diff2->B
> >
> > i review diff2, i wont review a combined diff1+diff2 nor a diff between
> > diff1 and diff1+2
> >
> > not sure why you post the change like this ...
>
> The diff of diff still looks to me the more readable alternative,
> considering that the difference between the two patched versions
> (19066 and 19289) contains many diffs related to the ffmpeg
> development.
>
> Also to get such a patch is quite painful, and that was the reason for
> which I avoided it the first time, to get it I had to go through:
>
> svn export svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/ffmpeg.c ffmpeg.c.r19XXX -r 19XXX
> patch -p0 < ../diffs/02_ffmpeg_filters.diff.r19XXX
> svn export svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/ffmpeg.c ffmpeg.c.r19YYY -r 19YYY
> patch -p0 < ../diffs/02_ffmpeg_filters.diff.r19YYY
>
> diff -u ffmpeg.c.r19XXX  ffmpeg.c.r19YYY > patch
>
> Note that the new version passes regression tests as before (that is all but the
> old mxdf10 one), so I believe it should quite safe to apply it.
>
> Regards.
> --
> FFmpeg = Forgiving & Faboulous Merciful Patchable Evangelical Gangster

>  ffmpeg.c.r19289 |  161 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------
>  1 file changed, 99 insertions(+), 62 deletions(-)
> 2763717cd64dbdcf3590f734da6a1a4215fbca3d  patched-ffmpeg-10966-19289.patch

patch rejected, mixes unrelated changes

note, before you waste more of our both time, acceptable patches are either
1. mechanical updates that is application of changes from ffmpeg svn that
   are not in soc yet.
2. clean patches passing the full set of rules about clean patches

In that sense i like to again mention, that lavfi should be moved into ffmpeg
svn quickly because it does become more painfull with time (now a merge
_requires_ support for changing width/height as well, a short while ago it
didnt but now it would be a feature regression)

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato