[FFmpeg-devel] Updating initial dts when streamswitching and dts/pts wrap occurs

Erik Van Grunderbeeck erik
Wed Jul 1 16:21:06 CEST 2009

> Hello;
>
>> I figured out the changes needed for the introduction in new streams and
>> stream switching, but am stuck on the best way to get dts/pts
> synchronization working both when a new chapter/vob transition happens,
and
>> pts wrapping occurs because of 2^31 stamps.
>
>Don't even try to sync it over chapter/vob discontinuties. The best way for

>dvd's is to correct the pts/dts with an offset that you can find by
checking
>the start/end time of the nav packets. If you do it this way the output
>timestamps from ffmpeg is always continuous nomatter how you navigate
around
>in the dvd and whatever stream you are playing. You would still have to
handle
>the wrapping thou.

That's what I am working on Joakim ;)

Theres a few issues with the nav packets (esp in menu's, where you are not
sure you are playing the chapter "till then end"). Issue is the dts settings
for decoding that are used in syncing audio/video. Think I have found
something now though, Ill see.

Erik