[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] the future of libamr

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Jul 1 16:36:11 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 07:38:50PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> [...]

I don't know if anybody else counted, but the vote is tied:

remove:

Diego
Ronald
Carl Eugen
Ramiro
Justin

remove all but WB encoder:

Benjamin
Robert
Benoit
Jai

keep:

Baptiste

So we need somebody to break the tie.  I'll note that all the devs that
deal with license violators (Carl Eugen, Ronald, myself) are firmly for
removing libamr support.  This is not a coincidence.

Also note that removing everything but the AMR-WB encoder is not really
a compromise.  The point of this is to really get rid of the possibility
of linking FFmpeg to a nonfree library.  If we keep the AMR-WB encoding
wrapper, this problem remains.

Now if somebody could step forward to break the tie...

Diego