[FFmpeg-devel] Indeo3 maintainer?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jul 6 13:38:07 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 08:42:08PM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> On 07/05/2009 08:26 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 02:28:41PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> am I right that we have no maintainer for indeo3 (only Michael in his
>>> "fallback" role)?
>>
>> too much is falling back on me, iam failing misserably to maintain code
>> that is mine to maintain let alone suff like the obfuscated indeo3 ...
>
> Why not delegating some files ? ;)

the ones id love to delegate or love to have some co maintainer for are
not things anyone wants or is capable to work on it seems.
For example id love to see others help with
* Encoders, all of them. More people have more ideas so ffmpeg could
  improve alot ...
* H264 decoder, its important and rather time consuming to fix issues
That said i do prefer patches at first as these are complex and important
parts ... but dont mind at all to give
someone co-maintainer-ship once iam certain he knows what he is doing

Then there are other things like avi or flv that i really feel that i
can maintain myself, and theres that saying in austria that
two cooks ruin the soup (approximate translation ...)
Having more then 1 maintainer when theres no need for it is asking
for fights and disagreements even if both are excelent developers

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras