[FFmpeg-devel] Fwd: Errors when getting data from RTSP source

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sat Jul 11 19:09:53 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 22:37 +0300, Stas Oskin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> AFAIK, this is not part of standard RTP/RTCP. Before going for non-standard
>
> > things, I'd say that we should implement the standard correctly.
> >>

> > Absolutely agree.
> >

> The approach outlined in emails above (keeping the packet for some time,
> then delivering it and discarding any packets with previous sequences) is
> according to RTSP standard?

AFAIK, the RTP standard (RFC3550 and related) only defines the packet
semantic and the protocol between client and server.
IMHO, buffering packets and delivering then in the correct order is
consistent with the RFC.

				Luca