[FFmpeg-devel] Windows CE status

Martin Storsjö martin
Tue Jul 28 12:46:37 CEST 2009

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Ramiro Polla wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Mike Melanson<mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:
> > Diego Biurrun wrote:
> >> So do we compile and run out of the box on Windows CE now? ?IIRC all
> >> related patches have been applied. ?What is missing?
> >
> > We're missing a volunteer to contribute FATE results, though I think that
> > might be difficult for this platform.
>
> We're also missing a volunteer to be Windows CE maintainer... Martin, Ismail?

I guess I can try building regularly and commenting on issues as needed -
what level of commitment would be required? Since there still are a few
hackish issues on the toolchain side, I'm not sure if I'm ready to
proclaim it "officially supported".

> Does it build and configure OOTB now?

I still need some toolchain header hacks, some ugly, some less so. And
additionally the two signal.h related pending patches.

Ismail: I don't really understand how you're able to build it without any
other header fixes than errno.h (if I understood you correctly yesterday).
Are you able to build ffmpeg.exe and the mov demuxer? With the latest
mingw32ce from svn, I still need to hack strerror(), perror(), getenv()
and conio.h.

> What about the mingw32-runtime and w32api checks in configure?

They work fine as they are. The mingw32 runtime versions are the same, and
the usleep wrapper was added in the same version for mingw32ce, too. The
w32api check doesn't matter since vfw32 isn't enabled, so vfwcap_indev and
avisynth are never enabled.

// Martin