[FFmpeg-devel] Does ffmlp decode Blueray?

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi
Wed Jul 29 16:19:12 CEST 2009

wrote:

> > $ ./mplayer ?-vo null ../../ac3+truehd.ts -ausid 0x72
> > Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
> > [mlp @ 0x12cbef0]There must be no extraword for MLP.
>
> I'll try being more verbose. Since it's TrueHD, you have to use
> CODEC_ID_TRUEHD. It uses the same mathematical basis as MLP, there
> are some additions, and a few tweaks that make it different from
> MLP.
>
> Ramiro Polla

nice, attached patch works, but it's very dirty.
Reimar, I'd like to assign something cleaner than a nonsense 0x3000;
what's the cleanest solution?

Ramiro, if TrueHD is a superset of MLP doesn't it make sense to assume
we are using the "truehd" decoder, a  bit like MPEG1VIDEO vs
MPEG2VIDEO?