[FFmpeg-devel] PATCH: av_strtod

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Mon Jun 1 12:30:06 CEST 2009

On date Monday 2009-06-01 01:27:52 -0400, Pavel Pavlov encoded:
> Hello everybody,
> I tried to contribute at some point and my patches were discarded as too
> intrusive.
> In my spare time I ported ffpeg to another compiler (icl) and had to
> resolve some bugs related to failed regression tests.
> I belive that the root of the problem is incomplete implemetation of
> strtod of the ms library.
> Example:
> av_strtod("0x00800000")
> Returns double(0x00800000) which is correct, however, according to the
> ms documentation strtod doesn't parse 0x123abc, and as a result I was
> always getting 0.
> As a result, about a half of the tests didn't validate.
> Check attached eval.c.diff. I didn't put _MSC_VER/_WIN32 ifdefs, and it
> probably should be added.

Is there a reason for which that library should not correctly validate

Otherwise we should try to get that fixed (e.g. bothering MS to fix
it), rather than fill our code with unnecessary/ugly/unmaintainable

FFmpeg = Forgiving & Faboulous Merciful Ponderous EntanGlement