[FFmpeg-devel] Feature Request for ffmpeg

christian chr1123443
Mon Jun 1 16:04:17 CEST 2009

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 6:51 PM, christian <chr1123443 at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Perhaps someone could/want to add this codec to ffmpeg.
>
> Well, look, this is a live session, probably initiated within the chat
> client. I'd need to know how it's initiated and someone would probably
> need to write the code to make that integrate with ffmpeg. From there
> on, I could write the payload parser.
>
> Right now you're asking me to write a video chat client. Although
> interesting, I think it's out of reach given my limited time, and most
> people here will say something similar...
>
> Ronald

Hello,

I don?t know if this works, if i say that we can try to open a saved
playload file with ffmpeg. ffmpeg should not work as rtp or video client. It
should open the file direkt from the harddisk.

I saw, that the ffvc1 codec of ffmpeg can process the I frames of the saved
payload file.I saved the Payload first with Wireshark.Wireshark needs an
hour to save the payload.Then i tryed to save the payload with omnipeek.It
was done in 1 minute :-) The result is 2 complety identical payload files.I
think, the rtcv1 is only a little bit different to VC-1. Perhaps it is
possible to modify the existing ffvc1 to get a ffrtvc1 :-)
Sorry, iam not very expirienced with codecs. This is just an idea :-)

Greetings

Chris