[FFmpeg-devel] H263 decoding crash, [BUG] : reading memory past the end of the buffer.
Fri Jun 5 18:13:55 CEST 2009
Eric Bellotti wrote:
> What the hell, man? How am I supposed to know that code reads past
> buffer when I specify buffer size to avcodec_decode_video ?
Even if your mail was not meant for this list, the answer is:
RTFD (read the fine documentation) before using a function.
I paste the relevant part of avcodec.h for your convenience:
* Decodes a video frame from \p buf into \p picture.
* The avcodec_decode_video() function decodes a video frame from the input
* buffer \p buf of size \p buf_size. To decode it, it makes use of the
* video codec which was coupled with \p avctx using avcodec_open(). The
* resulting decoded frame is stored in \p picture.
* @warning The input buffer must be \c FF_INPUT_BUFFER_PADDING_SIZE
* the actual read bytes because some optimized bitstream readers read
32 or 64
* bits at once and could read over the end.
int avcodec_decode_video(AVCodecContext *avctx, AVFrame *picture,
const uint8_t *buf, int buf_size);
More information about the ffmpeg-devel