[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] the future of libamr

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Tue Jun 9 01:35:48 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Diego Biurrun<diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 07:28:27AM -0300, Ramiro Polla wrote:

>> > it might be... I may be speaking for people who do not exist anyway
>> > (users of AMR-WB encoding feature)
>>
>> In my win32 builds[0] I don't include libamr. The only people that
>> bother to contact me asking specifically for amr encoding are
>> commercial.
>
> They asked for AMR *encoding* specifically? ?NB or WB?

I went through some old e-mails again. Most ask for just "amr". Two
specifically asked for both amr nb and amr wb encoding. One is an XtoX
kind of program, and the other was a website that would take any audio
in and send it to phones under many formats for different purposes.
The site seems to no longer exist, so we've already lost that user by
other reasons =).

Ramiro Polla