[FFmpeg-devel] FW: pts/dts generation and index for mpegts (vob)

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Wed Jun 17 00:00:15 CEST 2009

Erik Van Grunderbeeck wrote:
>>> Ping. Just want to know if there is any interest in this. If not, will
> stop
>>> bugging. If yes, would like some comments or just a plain no/yes?
>
>> There is definitely an interest. Patch is huge though and will be long to
>> review. Thanks for your work.
>
>> /*
>>  * BMP image format decoder
>>  * Copyright (c) 2005 Mans Rullgard
>>  *
>
>> Copy-paste ?
>> Is this code based on something else ?
>
> Yes, I cut & paste the header from another file. Changed. TY
>
>> [...]
>>
>> typedef struct AVAttachmentParseContext {
>> 	double				m_pts;
>> } AVAttachmentParseContext;
>
>> Can you please remove the leading m_ ?
>
> Sure. Done.
>
>> [...]
>>
>> static int attachment_decode_frame(AVCodecContext *avctx,
>>                             void *data, int *data_size,
>>                             AVPacket *avpkt)
>> [...]
>
>> We'd like to have code consistently named, so please avoid pContext,
>> etc.. I think ctx is is good.
>> Same for the indentation.
>>
>> I think this would better have a CODEC_ID_DVDNAVDATA.
>
> I apologize for the naming conventions, I should probably have tried to
> stick to the ones FFMpeg uses from the beginning. Same for the indentation,
> and my use of TAB's that is frowned up here.
>
> On the CODEC_ID_DVDNAVDATA: I checked the source's for any use of the codec
> Id's, and found the attachment ones. It's not used though, but my thought
> was that it would make sense to try to use an existing one in a "generic"
> way, such that when later on people want to extend ege the ASF scripting
> support, it could be delivered through the same mechanism. Then again,
> perhaps not. Thoughts would be much appreciated.

Well, TTF is for truetype fonts stored in MKV, this is definetely not
adequate here. Concerning ASF scripting, well another CODEC_ID_ could be
assigned as well. CODEC_ID_ must reflect what's in the bitstream.