[FFmpeg-devel] Notice: RTMP specification is released today

Andreas Setterlind gamester17
Fri Jun 19 16:21:35 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Andreas Setterlind <gamester17 at xbmc.org>wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Kostya <kostya.shishkov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 04:25:43PM +0200, Andreas Setterlind wrote:
>> > Again for reference; know that rtmpdump is actually a fork of the rtmp
>> > library from the XBMC (linuxport branch) source code, and the source
>> > code of the rtmp library in XBMC's SVN (linuxport branch) should be
>> > more up-to-date than rtmpdump.
>> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc
>>
>> As a person who is implementing RTMP support in FFmpeg, I should say it
>> seems to be the best thing indeed. Also I think I'll have my own RTMP
>> documentation at Multimedia Wiki.
>>

> I will see about changing the source code license of those files in that
> specific library from GPL to LGPL.

We have now contacted everyone who contributed code to this XBMC library for
RTMP, and the the license of the source code files has now been changed from
GPL to LGPL for your convenience.

# svn checkout
https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/linuxport/XBMC/xbmc/lib/libRTMP/

On a side note the original author said that he would be honored if someone
rewrote the code to C and made it fit into FFmpeg however you like under the
LGPL license.

Best regards / Andreas Setterlind (a.k.a. Gamester17)
XBMC Project Manager
gamester17 at xbmc.org
http://xbmc.org