[FFmpeg-devel] license violator seeking help to continue his behavior
Ronald S. Bultje
Mon Jun 29 21:27:08 CEST 2009
On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Patrice
Bensoussan<patrice.bensoussan at free.fr> wrote:
> On 29 Jun 2009, at 20:06, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
>> Maybe he couldn't find the README? Is the README accessible from the
>> UI somewhere?
> It's in the same folder as the ffmpeg binary. Accessible if you select "Show
> Package Content" on the application in the Finder.
I just tried it to make this a little faster:
- license isn't visible in the UI of the demo
- source code offer isn't visible anywhere in the UI of the demo
(should be part of license / link to license text)
- no FFmpeg credits in the UI
All I find is a link to your website, which acknowledges the use of FFmpeg, but:
- fails to provide credit to "the FFmpeg authors" + link to us
- fails to mention license
- fails to mention the offer of source code
Diego probably refers to the above, and possibly more, as for why you
are not 100% in compliance yet. Hopefully this helps.
Ronald, who should start charging for legal fees...
More information about the ffmpeg-devel