[FFmpeg-devel] release status

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Mar 1 19:44:12 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 07:10:59PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> There has been a flurry of activity during the past days.  I must admit
> I have lost track of current issues.  So, are there any regression fixes
> pending or any regressions or nasty new bugs that need to be addressed?
>
> Does HEAD compile and pass regression tests on all OSes and CPU
> architectures?  FATE looks reasonably green right now but I would
> like to hear more explicit OKs from you as well.

The sooner we release the sooner we are back to normal development

if you ask about outstanding issues, well
* h264 timestamps still have a heap of issues but less than 2 weeks ago, i
  suspect they could be fixed in 1-2 weeks if ivan works hard on them but it
  could take longer
* swscale alpha (not the cpu) support is incomplete, theres a large patch that
  needs review and another patche iam waiting for to be fixed
* ive found some bugs in the parser but my fix does not yet pass regresions
  ivans work depends on this fix i suspect as it will make handling pos
  easier
* searching for keyframes in seeking is missing, maybe ivan will work on this
* mpeg ts is broken, and i dont expect this to change in the short future,
  but ill happily be proofen wrong.
* libavfilter needs more people working on it and pushing patches to
  ffmpeg-dev
* AVHWaccel & VAAPI (patch que empty, iam waiting for gwenole to post
  something) but this will also ake a week at best assuming gwenole works
  hard
* imgconvert is still there, i ve lost track if there are any issues left
  anyone is whining about (i guess noone knows and they have to search first
  for some corner cases to troll about) but i like imgconvert droped

also all the timestamping stuff is moderately risky and can uncover other
bugs

PS: It might make sense to do another release soon in case the above issue
    end up being fixed. But i think delaying this one more is not good.
    And i like to see the next done without a freeze of HEAD.

Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony.
-- Heraclitus