[FFmpeg-devel] release status
Sun Mar 1 19:44:12 CET 2009
On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 07:10:59PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> There has been a flurry of activity during the past days. I must admit
> I have lost track of current issues. So, are there any regression fixes
> pending or any regressions or nasty new bugs that need to be addressed?
> Does HEAD compile and pass regression tests on all OSes and CPU
> architectures? FATE looks reasonably green right now but I would
> like to hear more explicit OKs from you as well.
The sooner we release the sooner we are back to normal development
if you ask about outstanding issues, well
* h264 timestamps still have a heap of issues but less than 2 weeks ago, i
suspect they could be fixed in 1-2 weeks if ivan works hard on them but it
could take longer
* swscale alpha (not the cpu) support is incomplete, theres a large patch that
needs review and another patche iam waiting for to be fixed
* ive found some bugs in the parser but my fix does not yet pass regresions
ivans work depends on this fix i suspect as it will make handling pos
* searching for keyframes in seeking is missing, maybe ivan will work on this
* mpeg ts is broken, and i dont expect this to change in the short future,
but ill happily be proofen wrong.
* libavfilter needs more people working on it and pushing patches to
* AVHWaccel & VAAPI (patch que empty, iam waiting for gwenole to post
something) but this will also ake a week at best assuming gwenole works
* imgconvert is still there, i ve lost track if there are any issues left
anyone is whining about (i guess noone knows and they have to search first
for some corner cases to troll about) but i like imgconvert droped
also all the timestamping stuff is moderately risky and can uncover other
PS: It might make sense to do another release soon in case the above issue
end up being fixed. But i think delaying this one more is not good.
And i like to see the next done without a freeze of HEAD.
Michael GnuPG fingerprint: 9FF2128B147EF6730BADF133611EC787040B0FAB
Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the ffmpeg-devel