[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] consider all mpeg4 tb_unreliable()

elupus elupus
Sun Mar 8 20:50:40 CET 2009

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:48:28 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:
>
>> [18 quoted lines suppressed]
>
> Except when the codec has the correct rate and the container is
> telling lies.  I've seen both often enough with AVI that I wouldn't
> pick either one blindly.
>
> I don't play AVI files much these days though...

Another option I just realized, have the avi demuxer set r_frame_rate
aswell as timebase. Since the time_base of avi is directly related to the
framerate for avi's. It could be a point in having the demuxer set that
instead of trying to calculate it later.

Would that be acceptable in this case?

Joakim