[FFmpeg-devel] speed regression in ffmpeg/mpeg2video

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Mon Mar 9 03:08:44 CET 2009

vmrsss <vmrsss <at> gmail.com> writes:

> 	I am experiencing what looks like a substantial speed regression with
> mpeg2video, see the outputs below where the same command  line runs at
> 220 fps with ffmpeg-r17815 and at 6 fps with ffmpeg-r17882.
>
> The only strange thing i noticed is a number (say 100) of messages
> like this:
>
> > {standard input}:2135:Alignment too large: 15. assumed.

While I don't know where the problem lies, I can assure you that this is neither
Apple-gcc-bugreports nor ffmpeg-bugreport.
(The absolute minimum you should have done is finding out the _exact_ revision
and send a _useful_ report with instructions how to reproduce to ffmpeg-cvslog.)

Carl Eugen