[FFmpeg-devel] seeking wishlist [was: rmdec.c: parse INDX chunk]

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Wed Mar 11 20:53:33 CET 2009

Hi Kostya,

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Kostya <kostya.shishkov at gmail.com> wrote:
> As for multirate it's probably good to determine non-discarded streams
> and seek to their position (I have vague idea now). I suspect demuxing
> all streams at once there will result in too much seeking too so better
> take a slack and don't try to demux discarded stream at all.

I was sort-of planning to do that. Ideally, indeed, I would be able to
"demux" without seeking (i.e. stream) if I only need one stream (e.g.
ffplay), and I will try to set up a testcase to ensure that keeps
working (pipe:// instead of file:// or so...).

Ronald