[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] special "broken DV" demuxer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Mar 11 21:28:12 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 09:20:32PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> if i understood correctly we have a "startcode" that has a few reserved bits
> currently we search for it assuming the bits are 1 (as the spec wants)
> why dont we instead search for the startcode to occur in the expected
> intervals and its reserved bits match between 2 startcodes but without
> requireing them to be any specific value?

No, not quite. Currently we look for the first DV section in a frame.
That works so far, the problem is that pond.dv completely lacks that
section and instead has all 0s there.
Btw. can someone try if pond.dv plays e.g. with Quicktime?