[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2009

Mike Melanson mike
Tue Mar 17 05:46:20 CET 2009

Deep Pal wrote:
> Hi ,
>      I  am interested in the Flash Screen video 2 codec .
> May some one please tell me what would be a relevant qualification
> task for the same ?

Hmm, it seems that Flash Screen Video 2 codec is also listed as a small
FFmpeg task/qualification task. :)

I would recommend either the 16-bit Interplay or VQA video decoder tasks
as being appropriate qualifiers for this task.

> Also any tutorial which would be helpful for the development of
> Flash Screen video 2 codec would be highly appreciated.

Download the PDF and read the section "Screen Video V2 Bitstream
format". I rewrote most of it on the last documentation update and there
are probably still a few problems with it, so this will be a process for
both of us.

     -Mike Melanson