[FFmpeg-devel] Blu Ray drive donation

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara
Wed Mar 18 19:57:05 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Robert Ramiega <jedi at plukwa.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 06:18:19PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> Robert Ramiega <jedi <at> plukwa.net> writes:
>>
>> > I'd like to mention that there is also thing called BD5/BD9 which is
>> > basically BD on a DVD5/DVD9 media.
>>
>> Could you upload an iso of such a dvd to ftp://ffmpeg.org/MPlayer/incoming/
>> (write only)? It should be <100MB, but the more features it contains, the better.
>
> ?Unfortunatelly I don't have any of those. If you happen to have any 720p
> mkv (don't know if it accepts anything else) you can easily create one using
> tsmuxer.

I don't think there's anything aside from the obvious size/bitrate
differences that differentiates the 5/9 GB versions of these disks-- I
can probably try to assemble a selection of HD-DVD and Blu ray samples
in the 100 MB range that represent various PIDs, codecs, and encoding
options if that would be of any help.  I did patch my play-of-choice's
DTS parser with kostya's changes and find that playing the DTS core
from DTS-HD MA is indeed working, so I apologize for my earlier noise
about that not working.

The primary non-encryption issue at the moment with blu ray appears to
then be the TS demuxer, which does not recognize most of the blu ray
pids.  I just patch my local copy to recognize them as the various
patches fielded on the list in the past have not been considered
acceptable.  I got the impression then that the TS demuxer needed
from-scratch rewriting rather than continuing to add codecs.

Robert