[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2009: FFmpeg is in

Benjamin Larsson banan
Thu Mar 19 17:09:54 CET 2009

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>  I suggest making unfinished projects from
>> past SoC events eligible projects this year.
>>

> This may be a good idea.

My opinion also. But the bottom line is that the projects that are going
to be done are the projects where there are mentors interested in
mentoring. And just because a project isn't merged after the GSoC
doesn't mean it was a failure. For example I didn't expect the wmapro
decoder to be ready after the summer. We have to guide the students
better also and make sure that they do the basic stuff before going on
to the advanced. For example jpeg2000 and dirac decoders never got
merged while the students started working on encoder also. Anyway I
think we now have enough experience to know what projects to do and what
students to take on.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson