[FFmpeg-devel] Interested in applying SoC @ ffmpeg

Janez Urevc janez
Fri Mar 20 17:23:15 CET 2009

Hello,

I am student of software engineering at faculty of Computer and information
science in Ljubljana. I am planning to apply  a SoC project this year, and I
found FFmpeg one of the most attractive ones to me. I like C and "low level"
problems very much, and I would like to get some new experience about those
things during SoC project. I have used C for some projects at the faculty.
As a part of a subject we also had to wrote a complete compiler for Knuth's
MMIX processor.

I use FFmpeg in everyday life, since I participate in a project, where we
develop webcasting site for youths in Slovenia. I saw that you require a
qualification task. I would like to take "Extend PNG decoder" (
http://roundup.ffmpeg.org/roundup/ffmpeg/issue813). When is deadline for
qualification tasks?

JAnez Urevc, Slovenia