[FFmpeg-devel] [Fwd: ffserver user list]

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Mar 21 22:33:05 CET 2009

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 04:21:19PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:

> >> Sorry to be pushy, but I was wondering if we could get this moving. It
> >> seems to me that there are a number of people who are in agreement, those
> >> with some reservations haven't said anything further.
> >>
> >> In the mean time, I've spoken to a few people on IRC, all of whom have
> >> stated that they would subscribe to and use an ffserver-users mailing list.
> >> I feel that ffserver is a greatly under appreciated package. There are
> >> quite a number of people out there who are trying to use it in their
> >> various projects, but for some reason we all feel that we are invisible to
> >> the rest of the ffmpeg project. Anything that helps create greater
> >> awareness of ffserver would be great for us users.
> >>
> >> So, given that, at least as I see it, the community is in favour of this,
> >> how soon could the ML master create the list?
> >
> > i just wanted to say iam not against a new ML if people want it, you
> > just need to convince root at mphq
>
> Root doesn't need convincing.  We'll create the list if people want it
> *and* someone agrees to admin it.

mailman administration is trivial (not counting sorting spams from
non subscribibers but that is optional)
so i surely do agree to admin it like the other lists and i suspect
the other ML admins would agree too.

The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision
of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet
notwithstanding go out to meet it. -- Thucydides