[FFmpeg-devel] Add waveformat extensible support in wav muxer (SoC qualification task)

zhentan feng spyfeng
Thu Mar 26 03:52:44 CET 2009

2009/3/26 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 01:19:00AM +0800, zhentan feng wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here is patch for the small task of qualification tasks NO.30.
> > Based on the work of Benjamin Larsson, I generated the pathc as below.
> > I think it must need further modifies.
> yes, iam not sure if this or benjamins patch was better

I downloaded the 6-channel wav file from:

( and other typr wav files can acess here :
http://www-mmsp.ece.mcgill.ca/Documents/AudioFormats/WAVE/Samples.html )

1) then I run ./ffmpeg_g -i 6_Channel_ID.wav channel4.wav

I get the error:
Resampling with input channels greater than 2 unsupported.

so I run another command:
2) ./output_example test.wav
./ffmpeg_g -i test.wav -ac 4 ch4.wav

and enc->channels is 4, however enc->channel_layout is 0.

Finally, I have 2 questions:

1) how to test the muxer works correctly?

2) where to specify the enc->channel_layout?

thanks for any help.

Best wishes~