[FFmpeg-devel] full swscale relicensing to LGPL

compn tempn
Thu Mar 26 04:44:44 CET 2009

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:52:35 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 04:17:35PM +0000, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 14:58 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> > On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 07:42:26AM +0000, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > The list was just about asm code as the header of rgb2rgb.c says
>> > "The C code (not assembly, MMX, ...) of this file can be used
>> >  under the LGPL license."
>> >
>> > also as the company one sidedly changed the offer repeatly and while
>> > pretending it was always what was previously agreed, i suspect
>> > noone will dare to take it, but i might be wrong. I for one certainly
>> > wont touch it, not only am i not "the ffmpeg developerS" nor do i want
>> > to be surprised with a claim of having taken the money for then yet
>> > another offer claimed by them afterwards.
>> This means that you canceled the LGPL license change?
>Did you read this thread?

it seems like everyone's lgpl offer is still valid.

all thats left is for someone to go over the history and split/comment
the gpl/lgpl code. so we can determine what needs to be rewritten.
assuming someone wants to do this task, personally i'd wait until some
company paid for that job.