[FFmpeg-devel] sending the SFLC after license violators

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik
Thu Mar 26 15:06:17 CET 2009

On Thursday, 26 March 2009 at 14:52, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> >We have a few violators on the issue tracker that are ripe for being
> >taken over by the SFLC instead of being engaged in a friendly manner by
> >us.
> >
> >I'm thinking specifically of iPhone Video Recorder, which seems to
> >employ some symbol mangling, see
> >http://roundup.ffmpeg.org/roundup/ffmpeg/issue752
> >and that party that seems to publish software under a dozen different
> >names.
> >
> >There is one problem, however: Nobody gives a hoot.
> >
> >You guys cannot even be bothered to say who has talked to the SFLC, who
> >has sent them the papers, who received confirmation or receipt and who
> >was told from the SFLC that they already have sufficient clients.
>
> The SFLC does not know how many people sent the signed document???
> How professional... :(

I suggest you read Diego's mail again:

>> I asked the SFLC who they are
>> representing, but they cannot tell because the relationship between
>> lawyer and client is confidential.

It's not that they don't know. IIUC they aren't allowed to disclose that.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu | RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org