[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code participation

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Mar 28 13:25:01 CET 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 09:18:59AM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni <at> gmx.at> writes:
>
> > > no. 5: "Patch cleanup for MPEG 1 & 2 optimizations"
> > > Sound interesting to get started and quite easy. Unfortunately, the link
> > > given in the corresponding thread of the development mailing list points to
> > > something completely different...
> > > http://roundup.ffmpeg.org/roundup/ffmpeg/issue100
> >
> > hmm, i see too that the link is off, maybe theres a problem with the ML
> > archive, id be rather surprised if the link was always wrong.
>
> I thought this was generally known:
> When natsuki was updated, all mailing lists were regenerated (not just the
> missing mails from mplayer-dev-eng), and some/many mails have new numbers now.
> Note that the month is always correct, so it should be possible to find the
> referenced message.
>
> Wasn't the MPEG1/2 optimization patch already included?

iam not sure, i couldnt find a matching commit in a quick look at svnlog

what i remember was that keiji attempted this qual task last year and that
i was far from happy with the final result, that is speedwise.

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend
to be. -- Socrates