[FFmpeg-devel] VQA v3 GSoC questions, need help

Kostya kostya.shishkov
Mon Mar 30 11:54:58 CEST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 04:17:35AM -0400, The Deep Explorer wrote:
> >> Also, specifically for version 3, what is the rendering algorithm or
> >> the vector index mechanism
> >> specifically for v3 vqas. I did not find it , in the docs. Please give
> >> me some pointers.
> >
> > You have http://multimedia.cx/VQA_INFO.TXT for that, it should be quite
> > similar. Also see VPTR description in HC-QA.TXT again.
>
> I actually did not find it in the two documents( HC-VQA.TXT and VQA_INFO.TXT).
> And the algo varies between versions. In, VQA_INFO.TXT, only
> v1 and v2 details are given.
>
> If I am missing it, I apologize please just refer to me the place(
> page/para etc).
> Look forward to the v3 algo.

HC-VQA.TXT says about the structure of VPTR chunks - it contains block indices,
every index is actually an entry in codebook, so get index, read BlockW*BlockH*2
bytes from the corresponding place of codebook and copy them to frame.

P.S. Maybe Google will point you to some other VQA players with open source so you
can see how it's done there.