[FFmpeg-devel] Gsoc application : Help

Robert Swain robert.swain
Tue Mar 31 03:08:42 CEST 2009

On 31/3/09 01:59, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Thilo Borgmann wrote:
>> Do you inform students if there are more than one student want to work
>> on the same topic so that changing or choose multiple GSoC projects?
>
> This might happen, yes. Every student is welcome to choose more than one
> project if they want to, and/or to improve their chance to have an
> application accepted.

Yes, I recommend applying for multiple tasks.

I don't think we have informed students if they have applied for a task
which has had multiple applicants in the past, but maybe it would be a
good idea. The mentors will have to discuss this.

>> Would you give not choosen students the oppertunity to change the
>> project if rejected so the participation for GSoC would not get void?
>
> Usually we do not. Student has to pass qualification task.

I think Thilo was asking if they might be offered another task if they
had applied for something for which someone else got chosen. I don't
think we've done this in the past and I don't think we've needed to.

Regards,
Rob