[FFmpeg-devel] Blu Ray drive donation

Robert Ramiega jedi
Tue Mar 31 14:22:24 CEST 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 08:26:04PM +0100, Robert Ramiega wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 08:21:30PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 08:17:37PM +0100, Robert Ramiega wrote:
> > >  Did you find a way to get ffplay/mplayer to display BD subtitles?
> >
> > BD subtitles use a new encoding format. It has not been implemented in
> > any OpenSource players, but I saw a description of it somewhere and it
> > did not sound _that_ complicated.
>
>  From what I know there are bitmaps similar to those found on dvds but
> larger in size and can have bigger colorpalette. I recal seeing some tool
> that did some dvd subs to bd subs conversion (or at least that's what i got
> from name of it) tho i don't remember actual name (it was for windows anyway
> ;o))
>  I'll try to find tho and give the pointer here. Maybe it'll help.

 Digging up a bit old thread =o)

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=124105 has some information about
subtitles in BD
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=142819 is thread on SupRip (not to
confuse with SubRip)
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=145277 is a thread about tool that
converts from BDSup to Sub/Idx (so it's the other direction than that
mentioned by me above =o(

 Maybe someone finds those usefull

--
 NameLess, the Jedi     | Just a friendly Jedi Knight
 Robert Rami?ga         | http://nlj.plukwa.net/