[FFmpeg-devel] Would like to work on lavf-based concatenation tool for GSoC qualification

Geza Kovacs gkovacs
Tue Mar 31 23:39:04 CEST 2009

Thanks for the project description, it certainly sounds interesting.
However, what I was referring to was the qualification task "lavf-based
concatenation tool: Unless we have multiple files input in FFmpeg, it
would be nice to have some libavformat-based tool that would extract
frames from multiple files (possible different containers as well) and
put them into single one." - I had meant to ask whether the tool I'm
writing for the qualification task can be a separate tool, rather than
being called as part of ffmpeg's parse_options(), and as as Kostya said,
it wouldn't have to deal with different input stream formats that can't
simply be concatenated for now.

Thanks for the responses,
Geza