[FFmpeg-devel] Help with H.264 inter prediction code please

Kevin Wu Won exclipy
Tue May 5 14:06:05 CEST 2009

Hi all,

For a project, I want to extract the code that does the inter-frame
prediction in H.264 encoder.  Basically, I need a way to feed in two
images -- one of them the I-frame and the other, the P-frame -- and
output the size (eg. in bytes) of the data required to encode the
differences between the two images.  Hopefully, this should be a
measure of the similarity between the two images.

Can anyone please point me in the direction of the code that does this
part of H.264 encoding?  That would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin.