[FFmpeg-devel] H.264: passing 2 fields at once to avcodec_decode_video() gives errors

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed May 6 21:40:29 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 12:59:18AM +0200, Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Hi,

> >> Please have a look at the attached patch (based on H.264 spec,
> >> 7.4.1.2.3). Is this the right way to go?
> >
> > no, anyway the issue might be fixed
>
> As it is not okay to leave the function I'll have to move some
> code from the calling function to this one, just to do the switch
> to the next field?
>
> So the patch shouldn't go to far -- it shall just work for these
> scenarios and not try to fix things that are broken in the client
> application:
> - pass in data for a single frame (works already)
> - pass in data for a single field (works already)
> - pass in data for a pair of fields (still missing)

is there really a bug left?

Breaking DRM is a little like attempting to break through a door even
though the window is wide open and the only thing in the house is a bunch
of things you dont want and which you would get tomorrow for free anyway