[FFmpeg-devel] Interested in working on RTMP / flash streaming server project

Vitor Sessak vitor1001
Fri May 8 11:27:50 CEST 2009

Jaideep Padhye wrote:

> On May 7, 2009, at 8:22 PM, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 11:19 PM, Jaideep Padhye
>> <jaideep at 8bitlifes.com> wrote:
>>> I'm an entry level developer interested in working on the development of
>>> FFmpeg. I am interested in working on the RTMP server project
>>> mentioned on
>>> the GSoC page. I am new to open source development and also this
>>> domain. My
>>> previous work has been on network domain. Can anybody help me out here?
>>
>> Kostya is / should be ( :-) ) working on that as his GSoC project this
>> year.
>>
>> Ronald
>
> Hi Ronald,
>
> Thanks for your reply. How can I find out which projects are up for the
> taking? Can I assist someone who has already taken up a task?

I suggest you start with something small, see the list at
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Small_FFmpeg_Tasks .

Them you can find bigger projects at
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_Of_Code_2009 .
Note that several of them are taken, see
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_Of_Code .

-Vitor