[FFmpeg-devel] Stamping videos with info per download

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Wed May 13 16:30:55 CEST 2009

Let me summarize this post so we can save the time of those who have
better things to do than to read the whole mess.

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 4:17 AM,  <steward at manscat.com> wrote:
> Dear geeks and gentle people,
>
> I asked a question regarding a modification I was considering.
> I got a tirade of uninformed and unrelated opinion.
I don't like the facts, so I will call them "uninformed and unrelated."

> Shame on this list.
>
> Four public replies, none of which address a simple question about ffmpeg.
> And three private flames (again, never mentioning the issue).
>
> I tuck my tail firmly between my legs and disconnect.
I don't like the facts, so I will run away and pretend I wasn't told the facts.

> I await your progress moving libavfilter from soc into the trunk.
> Until then, vhook sucks, watermark and drawtext are lame kludges not worth
> pursuing.
>
> I have been serving my niche for almost ten years. I know my client base
> and what will work. Also got plenty of laywers, corporate and copyright.
> Don't need amateur and uninformed counsel from this group.
I don't like the facts, so I will pretend that I know more than people
who have spent their entire life in the business.

> K&R was a shiny new book when I got my masters in Computing Science. I
> will find my answers in the code, or delegate and fund another to do so.
I have programmed for a long time, so I must be right.

> There may be all sorts of uses for the requested entry point that your
> tiny minds cannot forsee. What do you care? Consider the question within
> the famework of the software you are developing. Spare me your editorial.
I am me, so I am clearly the smartest, and everyone else is wrong.  I
cannot comprehend that the most likely reason for everyone disagreeing
with me is because I am the one who is wrong.

> I asked a question regarding a modification I was considering.
> I got a tirade of uninformed and unrelated opinion.
I don't like the facts, so I will declare them to be opinion.

Dark Shikari