[FFmpeg-devel] using ffmpeg framework in commercial product

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue May 19 14:53:11 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 02:41:19PM +0200, Massimiliano Mazzeschi wrote:
> We are developping a commercial product, and we need some
> clarification about the policy for using ffmpeg executable
> and libraries

Read the GPL and the LGPL and more than once.  I also recommend the GPL
FAQ.  When you have done that you can come back here.

There is no substitute for reading the license.  When you buy a house, a
car or sign a work contract, you read the text yourself as well and
don't have somebody sum it up for you.

Diego