[FFmpeg-devel] Apache licensed AMR library, patches

Martin Storsjö martin
Tue May 19 16:44:55 CEST 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> Here is my WIP implementation, not yet ready to be committed.
>
> For some reason opencore amrnb fails to link during the configure
> test.  If somebody understands why, I'm all ears.

The reason why you couldn't build it using the toplevel makefile is that
Andres removed an ugly but necessary build define (compiling with
-D__inline="static inline" when compiling as C) in 53993177e6a - I
reverted this one for now.

While fixing some other compiler warnings, the C++ build of the library
(which you get if you run make in the subdirectories directly with no
extra parameters) seems to have broken. (Andres - care to take a look at
this? A version with these changes reverted is available in the
revert-remove-extern branch.)

Building with the toplevel makefile should work now if you update to the
latest version, and your patch seems to work with this build of
opencore-amr.

Btw, I fixed the permissions on the installed headers and static
libraries, too, as you mentioned.

// Martin