[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg for Mac

vmrsss vmrsss
Thu May 21 01:58:05 CEST 2009

On 20 May 2009, at 21:09, Luca Barbato wrote:
> you may use just a script that builds ffmpeg twice and then use
> lipo, probably a patch to automate that could be accepted...

I am not sure at all why one would like to build ffmpeg (or indeed any
other thing) as a universal binary. I have successfully built ffmpeg
over the years for ppc ppc-64 x86 and x86_64, there is no intrinsic
difficulty with any of that, I just don't see why you couldn't make
these available trust people to download the one which matches their
architecture...