[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Pixel format descriptors and hw-accelerated pixel formats

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun May 24 02:56:05 CEST 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 01:23:48AM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Saturday 2009-04-25 20:32:22 +0200, Stefano Sabatini encoded:
> > Hi,
> >
> > now that we have all the pixdescs for the non HW-accelerated pixdescs
> > I think it's time to think about the HW-accelerated ones, then we can
> > get rid of the PixFmtInfo stuff.
> >
> > I have no idea what's the better way to deal with them, even if having
> > a pixdesc for them is a good idea at all, so suggestions are welcome.
>
> Ping.

Neither do i have an idea.

Maybe if you describe a problem one could think of a solution the other
way around is hard.
Or if there is no problem maybe it does not need a solution and we could
spend our time on actual problems?

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. -- Aristotle