[FFmpeg-devel] [BUG] Artist and Track Number not converted from flac to mp3

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Fri May 29 05:33:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Justin Ruggles
<justin.ruggles at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ramiro Polla wrote:
>> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Patrice Bensoussan
>> <patrice.bensoussan at free.fr> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> It seems that the Artist and Track Number info is lost when converting from
>>> flac to mp3. Sample file uploaded in
>>> /MPlayer/incoming/MissingTagsWhenConvertingFLAC
>>>
>>> ffmpeg -i TrackAndArtistMissingAferConversionToMP3.flac -map_meta_data 0:0
>>> file.mp3
>>>
>>> (same issue when converting to m4a). I tried to have a quick look at the
>>> code, but couldn't find out what the problem is... if anyone can help and
>>> have some time...
>>
>> I have this patch in my tree that for some reason hasn't ever been
>> submitted. Could you test and see if it still works?
>
> Thanks. ?I didn't know that was required. ?Is that documented somewhere?

I have no idea. I just found them on a bunch of files I wanted to convert...

> Also, wouldn't the ogg demuxer need to use the same mapping? ?If so, it
> could be put in oggparsevorbis.c/oggdec.h and used in both demuxers.

It looks like so, but I don't really want to work on this patch (I
guess that's why I hadn't submitted it), so whoever applies it can
decide where it fits best.

Ramiro Polla